A mother’s blessing ritual.
My Soul Sister Naomi and I host Soul Sister Birth Circles & Baby Blessing showers. They are becoming more and more popular rather than the giving of gifts it’s more about the nurture of the mother to be and the connection with the sisterhood around her.
In the hot weather maybe your partner would like to make you a cooling foot spa! Remember to use your pregnancy as a time to get away with anything and be treated like an absolute goddess!! 😂 !
Here is how.
How To Give A Foot Bath
- Fill a bowl with warm water and fragrance the water with flower petals
- To start the foot bath first let both feet soak in the warm water for a minute or so. As you work through the foot bath, remember to work on one foot and let the other one continue to soak.
- Lather up the bar of soap and work on one foot while the other foot continues to soak.
- Place the first foot back in the water and wash the second foot
- Make sure both feet are completely rinsed off
- If mum has been having trouble reaching her toe nails, grab some nail clippers and trim them for her
- Massage each foot with some gentle pregnancy-friendly massage oil. Do one foot at a time while the other one soaks in the water.
- Rub a little oil onto your hands and very gently, begin at the heel (or even her calf) and slowly work your way to her toes in small circles.
- Massage each toe individually.
- Stroke your finger along each toe bone from her ankle to her toes
- Do the same thing for the spaces between her toe bones, ending at the spaces between toes and separating the toes
- Then do some nice long strokes with both hands from her calf to her toes
- If she has any requests, follow them, but remember to be very gentle
- Next, exfoliate the feet with some bath crystals, salt glow scrub or even a pumice stone. Rub gently in small circles giving extra attention to the heels and any other rough skin spots.
- After exfoliation, rinse both feet thoroughly and take both feet out of the water.
- You can dry each foot with a towel.
- Moisturize each foot.
Please contact me to book or for more information:
Kat 07989411002 or click here to email me